At Athens Oral Surgery Center, we are diligently monitoring all information regarding the novel COVID-19 pandemic, including advisory and recommendation information provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the American Dental Association (ADA), the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (AAOMS), our state societies among others. The following represents a collective application of those recommendations along with our prior stringent infection control protocols.
We will continue to see only emergency patients at this time, doing our best to relieve the burden on our local hospitals and frontline staff.
As of Monday, May 4, we plan to re-open our practice to more elective patients and cases.
Our staff will be using enhanced screening and infection control protocols in addition to our prior stringent measures including:
– We ask that all patients remain in their vehicle upon arrival to our office and call our office to notify us they are here for their appointment. Our phone number is 706-549-5033.
– We ask that patients 18 years or older come into the office alone when notified by our staff that we are ready for their appointment services. All patients younger than 18 years will be required to have one responsible guardian accompany them into the office.
– All visitors to our practice will have their temperature checked.
– All visitors will be asked to complete a screening questionnaire.
– All staff will be wearing a face mask when interacting with visitors and practicing social distancing where possible.
– Enhanced personal protective equipment will be utilized by staff when appropriate.
All of us at AOSC are looking forward to seeing and caring for our patients again. Please stay strong and stay safe.