A native of St. Cloud, MN, Dr. Jonathan Tomlinson spent his childhood and adolescence in the wintery states of Minnesota, Michigan, and New York. After completing his undergraduate degrees, Dr. Tomlinson went on to graduate top of his class in dental school and continued on to receive his medical degree and his advanced training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
In 2011, Dr. Tomlinson and his wife, Kimberly, moved to Athens, GA, where Dr. Tomlinson took over the practice that is now Athens Oral Surgery Center. Kimberly is an Emergency Medicine Physician and shares her husband’s passion for innovative and superior medical care. As an oral surgeon, he is committed to offering superior care and a warm, inviting patient experience. Dr. Tomlinson and his wife love watching the University of Georgia’s sports teams and frequently attend sporting events including football, basketball, baseball, tennis, and swimming. In his spare time, Dr. Tomlinson enjoys golf, tennis, running, and many other outdoor activities.
- B.A. in Chemistry and Biology, Gustavus Adolphus College, cum laude (2001)
- D.M.D. Boston University School of Dental Medicine, magna cum laude (2005)
- M.D. University of Maryland School of Medicine (2008)
- Advanced Training in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at University of Maryland Medical Center and R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons – Fellow
- Georgia Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons – Member
- Georgia Dental Association – Member
- American Dental Association – Member
- Clarke County Dental Society – Member
- Athens Regional Medical Center – Staff
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (ABOMS) – Board Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) CPR / First Aid
ORAL SURGEON AND MAXILLOFACIAL SPECIALTIES
“We are committed to providing community involvement, worthwhile seminars on health care topics, meaningful projects for our volunteers, and prompt response to questions about the hospital while seeking philanthropic support for projects to complement the mission of Athens Regional Medical Center.”
Piedmont Athens Regional Medical Center – Trauma
Dr. Tomlinson is a staff oral and maxillofacial surgeon providing his services for patients with facial trauma and other emergency oral surgery needs.